Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Dreams of Ballet

"Waiting Backstage"- by Ally Pye


Amongst many hopes and desires, a longing for dance remains constant in my heart. As a child dance was a big part of my life, and like so many things, it too got put aside and forgotten, overshadowed by everything else.
Every once in a while, I revisit that dream and wish that I hadn't given it up so quickly. I have no problem admitting that I regret quitting dance, and will not try to justify the decision just to make myself feel better. I loved it, I should have stayed-period.
Now that I am ready to enroll my own daughter in dance lessons, I am doing my best to keep in mind that this is her life, and that she may very well not want to pursue dance the way I did. I must admit that I am thrilled that this moment has finally arrived, so I celebrated it with a painting (above).
I wonder if others too, wish that they had another go at something they missed out in life... I imagine I am not alone in this, so is it that ridiculous to believe that I may get another shot at it? Maybe I can someday hear the sounds of my slippers brushing against the wood floors of a dance studio and hold the barre as I practice developes and plies...
Maybe?

1 comment:

  1. I don't see why not. Put it on your to do list and just inquire or sit in on a practice session to get your spirits going. If dancing is something you want to do, do it. Good luck and have fun, life is too short.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Hope to see you back here soon:)Beijos, allypye