Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Pulling weeds


Yes, it has been forever! Life really got a hold of me these past few months. Between writing millions of papers, family responsibilities, and waves of sadness and doubt, I felt the need to retract.

I have been hard on myself, pushing all limits that even I knew should not have been pushed. I disregarded my needs and drained the soil almost completely. Luckily, there is always spring, and with it a chance to renew, re-evaluate and prioritize.


I have let go of external pressures to be “the perfect mother” or “the perfect wife” or “the 4.0 student”, I know that much. But at what point are the demands I put on myself interfering with my ability to do what makes me happy without neglecting those I love?

Even further, I don’t want to settle for “not neglecting” my family, because that implies merely getting basic needs met, which is by no means the intention here.

Criticism comes from every direction but when it comes from within,
it becomes embedded in people’s minds like a weed’s root clinging to the soil.

Letting go of “what will others say?” is a huge step into maturing one’s individuality; however, breaking negative thinking patterns that sometimes consume the way you view and compare yourself to others, may be the toughest challenge of all!

If negativity is a weed, bring on the gardening tools, because I am ready to pull them out!

Thanks for reading!
Beijos
allypye (glad to be back, by the way:)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Allypye. Good to see you. We all have those days. Give yourself a rest. I like what you said.....

    "Letting go of “what will others say?” is a huge step into maturing one’s individuality; however, breaking negative thinking patterns that sometimes consume the way you view and compare yourself to others, may be the toughest challenge of all!"

    You can do it allypye. Enjoy life, it's just tooooooo short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have missed you Gloria! Always such a great outlook in life!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Hope to see you back here soon:)Beijos, allypye