Tuesday, October 11, 2011

1 year later- Got a paintbrush? Then toss it my way!

It's been a year since my last post.  I have missed blogging so much!
It has taken me 6 months (since finishing grad school) to recover from choices rushed by unclear threats of vulnerability and an unfamiliar craving for security.
I have since made some radical decisions in an attempt to refuse a life of settling- my job was eating away at the very core of my being, depleting me of all things that matter, so I left it.
I picked up a paintbrush about a week after I cried myself to sleep everyday over leaving a good paying full time job in Michigan- which at the time seemed like the stupidest thing I could have ever done.
Things are now shaping up slowly and I could not have hoped for a better future for myself and my family. Patience in speech, action and thought have been indispensable in this journey, along with remembering that the best answer is found only within. I am grateful for my husband's generosity and understanding in the past few months and for the unceasing joy I find in my children.
From my personal "Dark Ages" to the resurgence of light, I am still standing as a dynamic, resilient being who is ready for her Renaissance!

Here are the latest paintings:



















Thank you for reading! Its good to be back:)
Beijos,
Ally Pye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Hope to see you back here soon:)Beijos, allypye