Tuesday, June 30, 2009

One more thing

This week I go back to school for the summer semester! I am anxious, because anytime I take time off (1 month and a half in this case), I feel like i am not as sharp and not as ready for the intensity of grad school. There are some pretty bright people in that little mix, and many of them approach graduate school in a way very different from mine, who has to take classes at a a slow pace in order to be able to somewhat manage the other areas of my life. But I have come to terms with this, and I know someday I will be writing to you about my graduation day, even if it takes another year or so!
I know that becoming a therapist is not only my desire, but mostly something planted in my heart by the big guy (I mean GOD)! A few years back, I could not have imagined applying for this program, but when i started praying about my future and looking deep within my self to make sense of the gifts given to me, the doors began to open in this direction.
So for now,the main objective is to become a Marriage and Family Therapist, who applies holistic approaches to healing the mind and the soul and utilizes Art as a vehicle for gaining access and sorting out emotions that may exist within a person. I also want to be an advocate for my clients, someone who is not only multiculturally competent but also able to look at someone's life as a combination of individual, family, work, faith realms.
Sounds good , but it is indeed a long road for me; a road not without sacrifices, not without doubt, but full of hope that HIS desire will materialize into reality and that I could make a difference in the lives of others!
Thanks for reading
Beijos:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Hope to see you back here soon:)Beijos, allypye