Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ann Arbor Art Fair


Julie Fremuth


Kim Crow

Ruth Marks


John Petrey
Check out the above artists and more @: http://artfair.org/tools/artist/directory.jsp

So, yesterday was an awesome day! I finally got to go back to my favorite city in Michigan: Ann Arbor! Even though this is a CRAZY week for those who live there (sorry locals!) it is heaven for those of us who are "art junkies". Going with Jenn and Margaret made it that much better since they too share my love of Art and good food! This time, we ate jumbo hot dogs for lunch (I know, but they were SOOO good), drank huge buckets of freshly squeezed lemonade and iced tea while cruising the fair; then we had some Zingerman's for dinner: my sandwich was a true representation of the chaotic madness of that place, with tons of flavor, charm and excitement: such good food!!!http://www.zingermansdeli.com/content/pages/home.php
The highlight of the whole day for me, was meeting Nicario Jimenez in person. I have been in love with his retablos for many years now, but was never able to talk with him and tell him how much I admire his work! It is amazing how someone can create such intense work and yet be so gentle and tender like I found him to be. I was so humbled to meet him that my Spanish came out horrible, but I was able to get a signed shirt and a hug! Couldn't get much better than that! If you want to see some really good images of his work visit the minkay gallery @: http://www.minkay.com/retablos.htm

if you want to learn more about retablos visit Nicario's own website @:http://www.retablosnicario.com/

Anyway, the plans are to go back next year and stay the night! After all there is too much to soak in and not enough time to do it in one day!

LOVE THE GIFT OF CREATIVITY

Thanks for reading,

allypye

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I come via Danita's blog and just stopped by to say hi. I only learned about retablos going on two year now. Since I have been blogging. It's amazing the things you learn and the friends you make blogging. Your blog looks interesting and I haven't had time to backtrack, but I will. I hope you don't mind if I add you to my favorites. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Hope to see you back here soon:)Beijos, allypye