Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Get up and do something!

This is what happens when I go through rough patches: Things get done. I cry for a short while, hide from the world for about a week, and focus all my energy on things that I wanted to do but left behind to take care of others. We won't go through the details of my visit to the pit last week, lets just say that it was bad enough to get the entire entryway of my home remodeled. So, all I have to say to the ones who hurt me is "thank you!" first pics are the "before and after" of this small wall just past the real entryway area of our house (which is almost finished too, I just need some final touches yet). We needed a cute area that could be used for the kids' chore charts and reward charts, plus, a couple of baskets to hold backpack junk that comes back from school and has nowhere to go. The trick was to make sure we didn't have to look at that stuff all the time, so here is what we came up with:
Very boring, useless wall!
Added some color, hung a cute curtain and the new sconce
(stuff that has been waiting in the basement FOREVER)
plus got some baskets big enough to hold the backpack junk:)
Sewing (hardly) their new rewards chart
(these are the days of the week chips)
FELT ROCKS!!
Final product, I like the colors...
All four charts hanging on the wall

I love this because when we are not using the charts, the wall still looks super cute with the shades drawn in. The hubby thinks it is kind'a weird because there is no window there, but I think he will grow to like it don't you?
Anyway, I will post pics of the rest of the project as soon as it gets done. I would love to hear what you think...
Thanks for reading
Beijos
allypye

3 comments:

  1. I love it! Ally it looks great and I'm sure your kids love it too. Your husband will soon go to love it too. I think you did a great job and smile, it's a great world. I especially love the quiltie look of the squares, so colorful. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria, I had some similar reactions from my facebook friends too! I guess color is universal right? Everyone could use some...Thanks for stopping by:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ally. Nopalitos are cactus. You can buy them in the store in the Mexican section and they are already cleaned and cooked. You would just add them to either small strips of beef or hamburger that is cooking with onions and a couple of chili's and also you would add a little red chili powder. I have the cactus plant growing in my backyard. When they fruit, I cut of the nopales, take the stickers off, cut and dice them and then cook them, rinse them off and I either freeze them for later use or just cook them all and then freeze them. I know it sounds a lot but they have so many nutrients. Take care, I hope this helps and it would be easier for you just to go to the store and buy some. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Hope to see you back here soon:)Beijos, allypye