Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I made a dress!!

As unbelievable as it may sound, allypye, the daughter of a wedding dress seamstress does not sew. The machine sits and waits but my insecurity trumps the desire to hear that oh so familiar sound of the foot pedal, the needle up and down, stitching and mending new and old things. I remember as a young girl standing very still while my mom took measurements for silk pajamas which matched silk pink sheets, making me feel like I was sleeping on a slippery Popsicle.
Sewing was her thing, and she was so good at it, I couldn't even try to measure up.
But years later, thanks to my WONDERFUL mother-in-law, I tackled the first step to what I hope will become one more outlet for creative bliss!
I bought this DRESS for Bella from Amy @ Small Potatoes and although the pattern seemed so simple, I had doubts that I could make one myself; just for messing around sake, I went to Freshly Picked and shared the link with Cindy Lou who encouraged me to buy the fabric so we could tackle the project together.
And we got it done in one afternoon!
Check it out peeps!!!


























I tackled a sewing machine. YAY!

Thanks for reading!
beijos
allypye

2 comments:

  1. Allypye, that is beautiful. It is fun sewing and now that you have conquered this, you will definitely be sewing more. Congratulations. The colors are awesome. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Hope to see you back here soon:)Beijos, allypye